Traditional Japanese Yakisoba
(Makes 15 servings)
- 2 Eggs
- 5.3 oz Cabbage (cut 2-3 mm/0.08-0.12 inches small pieces)
- 0.2 oz Green Onion
- 0.35 oz Tempura Crisps
- Pinch Aonori (Seaweed flakes)
- Bonito Flakes as needed
- Mayonnaise as needed
- 2.2 oz Otafuku Okonomi Sauce
- Toppings (Cooked)
- Shrimp, Squid, Fish, Kimchi, Corn, Cheese, etc
1. Mix Otafuku Okonomiyaki Flour and water in a large bowl until the flour fully dissolves. Add the cabbage, green onions and eggs to the batter and combine gently.
2. Place oil in medium size skillet on medium-low heat. Spread the batter into 2 inches. Cook for approximately 3 minutes.
3. Flip 2, using two spatulas. Adjust its shape so that it`s round, gently push down on the top, and cook slowly until they are fully cooked to the middle.
4. Look at the bottom and if it is toasted to a golden brown flip it once more. Dress the top with Otafuku Okonomi Sauce.
5. To finish up, place any topping of your preference on top of the Okonomiyaki.
- Elizabeth Tontz