- white rice (cooked and cooled)
- nori: seaweed squares
- avocado slices
- sesame seeds
- your favorite ingredients to go inside the sushi roll!
- Otafuku sushi sauce or Otafuku gluten-free sushi sauce (to taste)
Note: You will need a bamboo mat for rolling sushi (you can find these at any Japanese market or online).
1. Prepare your favorite ingredients to go inside the sushi roll and set aside (Note: you can use smoked salmon, crab, avocado, cucumber, fish, etc).
2. Wrap your bamboo mat with saran-wrap to prevent the rice from sticking to the cutting board, etc, and lay rice on the mat for pictured sushi roll style. The rice must be the same shape as the Nori. (Note: You can lay the Nori under the rice for a different style of sushi roll. Either one is okay!)
3. Make sure your rice and nori squares are the same size, then place your favorite ingredients along one edge of the rice or Nori. Use the mat to roll the sushi into a long roll-shaped form. Press tightly so the ingredients stick together.
4. Next, slice avocado thinly with a potato peeler and lay along the top of the rice. Cut the sushi roll into about 8 bite-sized pieces.
5. To finish up, top with our Otafuku sushi sauce or Otafuku gluten-free sushi sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Enjoy!