Pepperoni & Cheese Okonomiyaki (an Umami Culture Kit recipe)
(For 3 servings)
One Umami Culture Kit (comes with sauce and flour packets)
- 4 oz prepackaged baby spinach
- 1/2 tomato, sliced
- 3 oz. cremini or regular white bottom mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 3 oz. shredded cheese mix
- 1 to 2 oz sliced pepperoni
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1. Mix okonomiyaki flour packet, eggs, and water in a bowl with an egg beater. When the consistency is right, add the baby spinach mix until everything is evenly coated with batter.
2. Heat 1 Tbsp. of oil in a frying pan or hot plate. Scoop 1/3 of the mixture onto the cooking surface and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Flip the okonomiyaki and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Spread the cheese and pepperoni on the Okonomiyaki and flip once more (this time for about a minute to allow the cheese to crisp).
4. Flip cheese side up and drizzle with sauce. Serve hot!
(Note: recipe makes three servings)
- Elizabeth Tontz