Okonomi Puffs (Aka, Oven-Baked Okonomiyaki)
- 85g Otafuku Okonomi Flour
- 130ml Water
- 2 large Eggs
- 200g Cabbage (sliced thinly)
- Bacon Slices
- Aonori Seaweed Flakes (for garnish)
- Japanese Mayonnaise (for garnish)
- OtaJoy Original Sauce (as much as you like!)
Note: you can mix it up with additional flavors by adding your own special ingredients! Corn, cheese, ground hamburger meet, jalapeno, etc make excellent additions or substitutions to this recipe!
1. Preheat oven to 450F.
2. Mix Okonomiyaki Flour and water in a mixing bowl. Next, add in your shredded cabbage and eggs. Mix well.
3. Place bite-sized bacon strips on the bottom of a greased teflon muffin pan. Scoop the cabbage and batter mixture into even scoops onto the bacon inside each section of the muffin pan.
4. Add your favorite toppings onto the top of the cabbage mixture and bake for 12 minutes.
5. Take the tray out of the oven and flip upside-down. Dress with OtaJoy Sauce Original (as much as you like!) and serve hot!
- Elizabeth Tontz