This Hawai'ian favorite is the ultimate comfort food! Warm rice, savory mushrooms and a delicious egg on top of a hamburger patty make it the perfect dish for lazy days and cold nights in.
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup OtaJoy katsu sauce
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 oz mushrooms
- 2 oz onion
- 1 egg
- 5 oz ground beef
- 7 oz cooked rice
- Green onion (for garnish)
- Mix heavy cream and OtaJoy katsu sauce. Stir well.
- Add 1 tbsp oil to a pan, then cook onion and mushrooms on medium-high heat for 5 minutes, or until cooked well.
- Remove onions and mushrooms from heat and then add to katsu mixture. Stir and put aside.
- Season ground beef with salt and pepper to taste, and then form into a patty.
- Add 1 tbsp oil to the pan and make a small indent in the center of the patty. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- Cook egg in remaining grease, removing from heat before yolk is cooked all the way through.
- Add beef patty to cooked rice on a plate and top with egg. Pour sauce over beef patty and garnish with green onion as desired. Serve immediately.