Italian Sausage Yakisoba (an Umami Culture Kit recipe)
Umami Culture Yakisoba Kit (comes with dried noodles and sauce packet)
- 1 Italian sausage, with the casing removed
- 1/2 a tomato, chopped
- 3 oz. packaged salad mix, this recipe features a spinach salad mix
- 2 Tbsp. chopped Italian parsley for garnish.
1. Remove plastic and boil noodle packet for 2 minutes. Feel free to adjust the time (about 1 minute and 30 seconds will make the noodles al dente). Drain of all excess water and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan and cook the Italian sausage, pressing gently to separate the meat into small pieces. *Note: please make sure to remove the casing first!
3. Add tomatoes to the Italian sausage and stir-fry, mixing well. When the tomatoes are cooked, add the drained noodles and separate with tongs.
4. Once your noodles are separated, mix well with the Italian sausage and tomatoes. Pour the sauce packet onto the noodles and then mix until the sauce has evenly coated all of the noodles and vegetables.
5. You want to add the salad mix last because it cooks very fast. Mix with the noodles and as soon as the salad mix has finished cooking, garnish with Italian parsley. Serve hot!
- Elizabeth Tontz