This is basically an adaptation of our regular meatloaf, made gluten-free with gluten-free panko and low-fat ground turkey meat substituted for ground beef.
(Makes about 8 slices)
- 1.5 lbs ground turkey meat
- 3/4 cup gluten-free panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup Otafuku Original Sauce (note: you can add more if you prefer)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 large white onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 cup bleu cheese
- several strips of smoked apple bacon (as needed)
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Finely chop the onion and large bell pepper andstir-fryy until well done (seasoning with salt and pepper). Set aside until cool.
2. Mix ground turkey meat, gluten-free panko, Otafuku Original Sauce, garlic powder, vegetables, and bleu cheese in a mixing bowl until thoroughly mixed.
3. Pat the ground turkey meat mixture into a loaf shape on a pan and cover with foil. Cook for 45 minutes.
4. Uncover the foil and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
5. Serve hot with additional sauce drizzled on top in place of ketchup.