- 3/4 cup Otafuku okonomi flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup cabbage (can use pre-bagged cole slaw or cabbage blend)
- bacon slices (two per pancake)
- Aonori seaweed flakes (for garnish)
- Japanese mayonnaise (for garnish)
- OtaJoy Original Sauce (as much as you like!)
Note: you can mix it up with additional flavors by adding your own special ingredients! Corn, cheese, ground hamburger meat, jalapeno, etc make excellent additions or substitutions to this recipe!
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Mix Okonomiyaki Flour and water in a mixing bowl. Next, add in your shredded cabbage and eggs. Mix well.
- Place bite-sized bacon strips on the bottom of a greased Teflon muffin pan. Scoop the cabbage and batter mixture into even scoops onto the bacon inside each section of the muffin pan.
- Add your favorite toppings onto the top of the cabbage mixture and bake for 12 minutes.
- Take the tray out of the oven and flip upside-down. Dress with OtaJoy original sauce (as much as you like!) and serve hot!