Bacon & Broccoli Yakisoba (an Umami Culture Kit recipe)
Click here for tutorial.
One Umami Culture Yakisoba Kit (comes with dried noodles and sauce packet)
- 3 oz. broccoli florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 oz. cauliflower florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 pieces of bacon, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1. Remove plastic and boil noodle packet for 2 minutes. Feel free to adjust the time (about 1 minute and 30 seconds will make the noodles al dente). Drain of all excess water and set aside.
2. Cook your broccoli and cauliflower florets by adding a small amount of water and allowing the steam to cook them (use about 3 Tbsp. of water and cook for approximately 3 to 4 minutes). Let them caramelize a bit and set aside.
3. Next, heat vegetable oil in the frying pan and begin to fry the bacon.
4. When the bacon is fully cooked, add the drained noodles. Loosen the noodles with tongs and mix well, adding the sauce once the noodles are separated well.
5. Add the broccoli and cauliflower, mixing well with the noodles. Serve hot!
- Elizabeth Tontz