Bacon, Bleu Cheese, and Bell Pepper Meatloaf
(Makes 6 to 8 servings)
- 1.5 lbs Ground Beef
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Bleu Cheese
- 3/4 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 tsp of Garlic Powder
- 1 whole Green Bell Pepper
- 1 whole Onion
- Bacon Strips
- 1/4 cup OtaJoy Original Sauce
- Salt and Pepper (for seasoning)
1. Preheat oven to 375F. While oven is heating, finely chop one whole onion and one whole bell pepper (if possible, use a food processor).
2. In a frying pan, sautee the ground onion and bell pepper until the onions are clear. Let cool.
3. Mix the ground hamburger, egg, bleu cheese, Panko bread crumbs, garlic powder, and a bit of salt and pepper in a bowl. Pour in 1/4 cup of OtaJoy Original Sauce and mix well.
4. In a baking dish, form the meat mixture into a log shape (pressing firmly) and layer strips of bacon over the top of the meatloaf.
5. Bake for 45 minutes. Drizzle more sauce on the top if desired and serve hot!
- Elizabeth Tontz